Sunday, December 28, 2008

About Me and Where I Work

Thanks to the local economy, I recently was part of a layoff at a company which I'll simply describe at the "Purple Company".  People who work there will know what I mean.  Luckily I picked up a new job very quickly as (cue ominous music) one of the networking people for Microsoft.

I wouldn't bother mentioning it, but at the NEO (New Employee Orientation -- everything at MSFT has an acronym) it was mentioned -- and repeated -- and then emphasized:

We can write a blog.  MSFT likes us to write blogs.  But the legal staff is worried about looking sneaky, and they'd like all of us MSFT bloggers to mention that we are, indeed, MSFT employees.

So there.  I work at Microsoft.  I won't put in a disclaimer that I don't speak for Microsoft because IMHO that should be the default legal status on the internet.  And you'll see from previous entries that I've been definite about MSFT's poor documentation (and sometimes bizarre code).

No comments: